How to Stop Bad Breath
Most people are often self-conscious about bad breath.
Bad breath can be a real downer, especially during an interview or on a date. It’s not exactly something you want to have around, either.
If you’re wondering how to fix bad breath, there’s one answer you’ll always hear: brush your teeth more often and floss daily.
However, bad breath can also be a problem for those who do follow these key dental health practices. So what can you do?
Today, we’ll share some tips for how to keep bad breath at bay.
Check for an Underlying Cause
Identifying the reasons behind bad breath is essential for remedying it. Examine your oral health for any potential underlying causes.
To check for bad breath, take a piece of cotton gauze and wipe it over your tongue. Examine the cotton for yellow residue or unpleasant smell. These are signs that your mouth contains a high sulfur level which contributes to bad breath. Plaque and bacteria buildup cause gum disease. The best way to find out if you have it is to visit the dentist.
Other common underlying causes of bad breath include:
- Consumption of certain foods, including chilis, onions, and garlic.
- Infection in the mouth, nose, or throat.
- Various medical conditions.
- Medications that increase dry mouth.
Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Here are some helpful tips for how to fix bad breath:
- Drink black tea or eat fresh parsley to freshen your breath.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to ensure adequate antioxidants.
- Follow proper dental hygiene practices by brushing and flossing daily.
- Treat any gum disease.
- Clean your tongue daily with a tongue scraper.
- Visit the dentist twice a year for dental cleanings and checkups.
Dental Clinic in Weyburn, SK
There are plenty of ways to improve oral care at home. However, the best way to resolve persistent bad breath is to visit Smiles on Souris in Weyburn. Our dental team will assess your smile to identify and treat any underlying causes of bad breath. To put an end to your bad breath, schedule your appointment with our dental clinic in Weyburn.
You Might Also Like
We have selected three more blog posts that you might be also interested in reading more about.