Kids Dentistry in Weyburn SK
Looking for a “kids dentistry near me” is often a daunting task. Sorting through patient reviews and gathering information about dental clinics in your area may not yield an easy decision.
For kids’ dental care in Weyburn, SK, look no further than Smiles on Souris general dental clinic. Our dental team offers children’s dental services (not as a specialist).
Learn more about our children’s dental services today by booking your appointment!
Regular Dental Checkups for Kids
Kids need routine dental checkups at least every 6 months. During your child’s oral care checkup, we thoroughly clean the teeth and apply protective fluoride. We also examine the teeth for any signs of health issues. When we identify issues early, we may be able to contain or reverse them with preventative measures. Oftentimes, when we notice a cavity forming, we may be able to help kids from needing filings by prescribing fluoride-rich toothpaste and correcting flossing.
We will advise kids on ways to improve their oral hygiene as well. A general dentist will examine the oral health care habits of kids and teach them how to improve. Every kids’ dentistry appointment in Weyburn, SK includes a bite analysis, gum evaluation, cavity screening, and x-ray evaluation by a general dentist.
Oral Health Tips for Kids
Dentistry for Kids in Weyburn
Smiles on Souris offers kids’ dental care in Weyburn, SK (not as a specialist)! Our dental team has worked with kids of all ages.
We will help your kids learn how to take care of their teeth at home as part of the preventative dentistry services for kids. We look forward to helping your kids meet their oral health needs! If you have any questions about our kid’s dental services, we are always happy to answer them.
Use our online portal to schedule a dental appointment for kids online. Just click the button below to get started!
Many kids are afraid of the dentist and may be resistant to going. Taking steps to prep your child before a visit can help them feel better and ensure the appointment goes smoothly. Here are some helpful tips:
- Tour the dental clinic before the appointment date to meet the dentist.
- Bring them along to your dental appointment or a sibling’s visit first.
- Practice opening their mouth wide. Turn it into a little challenge or game at home.
- Start dental care early so that kids are used to dental tools in their mouths.
- Be patient and encouraging, acknowledging any concerns they may have.
One common dental concern for children is tooth decay (leading to cavities). The best ways to prevent tooth decay in kids are:
- Start oral healthcare early, teaching kids how to brush and floss.
- Monitor oral hygiene habits to ensure they are effective.
- Limit consumption of sugary drinks and food.
- Avoid putting young kids to sleep with a bottle filled with milk or juice (only water).
- Visit the children’s dentist in Weyburn regularly for dental cleanings and exams.
Like adults, kids should come to the dentist at least once every 6 months for a cleaning and exam. Some children may need to visit the dental clinic in Weyburn more frequently depending on their dental needs. The dentist will help you determine how often to bring your child in.
Many babies suck their thumbs, but this habit can lead to oral health concerns if it goes on too long. In general, thumb sucking beyond the age of 4 starts to become a concern. Our general dentists can assess your child’s oral development and provide guidance as needed.