The Dental Implant Procedure: Everything You Need to Know
Are you missing one or more teeth? Do you want to restore your missing teeth?
Dental implants are one modern dental solution to replace missing teeth.
But how do dental implants work?
Today, we’ll walk you through the basic steps of a dental implant procedure and what you could expect.
What is a Dental Implant?
The dental implant fuses to the jawbone. The purpose of this titanium implant is to replicate a tooth root. Once the dental implant is installed, then the dentist will securely attach replacement teeth.
Dental implant restorations are secure and natural-looking. The top reasons to consider a dental implant include:
- Convenient, long-lasting solution. No need to remove them like dentures.
- Natural appearance. These restorations blend right in, giving your smile a great natural appearance.
- Long-lasting, you can count on them to last many years.
- Improved speech. Missing teeth can affect your speech, but dental implants help you restore your speech.
- Easier, more comfortable eating. Dental implants function like natural teeth, helping you eat easier.
Dental Implant Procedure
- Consultation appointment. The dentist examines your teeth and together you determine dental implants are the best option. At the end of this appointment, you schedule the dental implant procedure.
- Implant. At the first appointment, the dentist places the implant. During this appointment, they will provide you with local anesthesia or IV sedation depending on what you determined is best.
- The dentist creates an incision to place the implant.
- Upon placing the implant, the dentist will then close the gums over it.
- Then, you head home to recover. During the few months of recovery, the jawbone will grow around the implant.
- Abutment. Healing time varies for each patient. Once your implant is secure, then you return for your next appointment. At this time, the dentist connects an abutment over The dentist creates a custom tooth crown replacement and attaches it to the abutment.
tooth crown replacementand then attaches it to the abutment.
Dental Implants Weyburn Sk
If you have any other questions about dental implant procedure steps, our team at Smiles on Souris is here to help. Our general dentists provide dental implants in Weyburn, SK (not as a specialist). We are happy to answer any questions and will help you determine if dental implants are right for you. Schedule your appointment online by clicking the button below!